Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Feeling Scarfy

It is official, except for the calendar.  Winter is here.  No more sandals and capris.  The weather has turned cold, and will not be warm again for months.  But winter has a knitted lining.  Time to break out all those snuggly socks, cozy cardigans and soft scarves. 

That was the plan this morning, at least.  I bundled up my baby boys in their winter coats, hats and one recently-completed Gryffindor scarf (Bugaboo refused his, said it was only for Halloween).  I then turned to swath my own chilly neck and realized how few scarves I own. 

How can a knitter have so few scarves? Two old cheap store-bought scarves from my pre-knitting days, two warm weather drama scarves, two novelty boa scarf, and one lace scarf that is presently missing in action.  (I know that I put it "somewhere safe" for the summer, and now I can't remember where.  I hate that.) 

Really, how is this even possible?  How could I have neglected myself like this?  I live in a place that is wicked cold for months on end. 

I am going to have to do something about that. 

So, really, this is just an excuse to start something new.  I did finish one scarf, so that brings it down to only six active projects right now.  I am allowed.

Excuse me, I think I have to go shopping. 

Today, it is all about the neglect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment