Thursday, August 13, 2015

T Minus 54 Hours

Start the countdown. The baby shower blankie has to be finished and ready for delivery by Saturday morning. This does not bode well.  I only have a few more inches, so the knitting is easy enough. Tying in all the loose ends is not unreasonable. 

Except that I have a full day trial today. So there won't be any moments of knitting at the office today. Tonight is Legion night, so that cuts into the evening knitting time. Friday, the kids are spending the night with Grandma, which on its face sound like prime knitting time, but my sweetie and I had already agreed that we are going to paint part of the kitchen after work on Friday. Then there is the greatest time suck of all: sleep. 

I am totally screwed. 

I have a back up plan: take the gift to the shower, then mail the blankies when they are finished, hopefully before the baby is born. The due date is the first week of September, so that buys me a few weeks. 

And while I am at it, I really need to get started on the second baby set. That due date is in 4 1/2 months. 

Today, it is all about the impatience of babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment