Friday, July 7, 2017

Simplicity

I love lace knitting, but it has a major disadvantage: ssssssllllooooowwww progress.  Lace shawls are breathtaking, but take FOR-EV-ER to knit.  I have been knitting Celtic Sage for over a year.  I am excited that I only have a foot to go, but a foot is still a lot of knitting. 

My husband needed his tires rotated and aligned.  Instead of going back and forth between home and the tire place a bunch of times, we decided to spend 45 minutes browsing in the strip mall.  He went to Gander Mountain and I went to Hobby Lobby.  While there, I was seduced by some gradient yarn.  It called to me, then jumped in my hand.  I walked back to the tire place (this all started with tires, remember?) hoping that my sweetie didn't notice the bag of yarn in my hand, or that my children didn't rat me out. 

So this week, I have been strangely obsessed about knitting this simple, asymmetrical, garter stitch piece of instant gratification. 

Today, it is all about the connection between tires and yarn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment