Thursday, October 21, 2021

The opposite of startitis

 First things first, a new Finished Object to show off.  Radiating Rubies.  Started at some point in 2021, and off the blocking pads this morning.  And it is STUNNING.  

I just love the miracle of blocking



And here you see the close up of the lace pattern.  The pattern is Radiate, free on Ravelry.  The lace pattern itself is not too difficult.  The overall pattern is customizable, and I found the instructions of which chart to use when and for how many times to increase stitches as needed a bit confusing.   All in all, a rewarding knit.  

So now what to put on the needles?  One disadvantage of having my elliptical in the same room as my yarn is a find myself staring at all of my beautiful yarns, and thinking about pretty things to start next,.  Now that I have finished something an can start, I find myself facing complete indecision.  I have a number of things in my Ravelry Queue, already paired patterns and yarns from my stash.  This should be easy, but I still can't decide.  

I started one shawl, but after a few rows, I am questioning the gauge.  I worked a little on a WIP that has been long neglected, but I am also questioning the gauge.  Also, both are not intricate lace projects.  I just finished a more complex pattern, so I can start another complex difficult pattern.  I am not usually so indecisive about my knitting.  

Today, it is all about  the indecisiveness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment