Friday, September 25, 2020

From the Bottom of the Knitting Queue


I have really been focused lately on finishing the long-forgotten works in progress that have been languishing in the bottom of the knitting bag for way too long.  The hunting mitts was one.  This mess is another.  

A long time ago, my baby brother asked me to make a mitten for two people to wear when they are holding hands.  I did some wandering on Ravelry, and behold!  The Smitten.   Then he mentioned two mittens for the non-holding hand.  Then he realized that there should be a set of mittens for each person for normal wear, with a companion Smitten.  When I bought the yarn, there was a cute speckled version in blue/gray and pink/gray skeins, and I got the idea of making an ear warmer for each to match.  So one two-person mitten turned into four regular mittens, one oversized mitten and two ear warmers.  

So I dug everything out of the bag recently, to see where I was.  Two pairs of mittens done (except for the ends and a couple thumbs), and the smitten designed and started.  

I would really like to be able to have all of this to my brother and his darling fiancĂ©e by Christmas.   THIS Christmas.  

Today, it is all about getting ready for the Season.         

No comments:

Post a Comment