Friday, September 4, 2020

Pulling the plug

I have reached a point where I had to make a decision: I am supposed to end on a garter area of the pattern. So at what point to a switch to garter whereever I am in the pattern. I think I have reached that point. I am supposed to do twelve rows of the lace pattern, then twelve rows of garter. But I only have a teeny tiny ball of yarn left (pretty nice dark, burgandy yarn. No more beige!) and I don't think I can stretch it that far. Then I remembered that I have a measuring tool. A little gadget where you run the yarn through it, and it measusre for you. It came in a package with my swift and scale, and I think this is the first time I have actually used it. I know I was imperfectly measuring, but it was still only 38 feet left. Definitely time to switch. I have been showing an uncharacteristic monogomy towards this project, and I may actually finish within a day or two. Today, it is all about the final stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment