Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Briefcase knitting

I was reminded today of something that should be obvious, but for reasons that I can't explain, was not for me: DPN's do not make good briefcase knitting. Briefcase knitting gets shoved between bottles of water, files, and pens. It gets snagged on keys. It languishes in the briefcase untouched for days, even weeks, at a time, while items next to it are inserted and removed on a daily basis. So what in blazes was in my mind when I put a little pink baby hat on DPN's in my briefcase?

I took it out to knit sometime after 1:40 p.m, while waiting for my 1:15 hearing to start, and discovered 2/3's of the stitches footloosed and DPN-free. What WAS I thinking? I rejoined the stitches with their DPN, but by that time, I no longer felt like knitting. Or waiting. I hate it when judges doublebook. My guy took a day off, and ended up sitting in the hallway for over an hour, and re-scheduling.

When I got back to the office, I put a sock (on two circulars) into my briefcase. Let's see those little stitches jump the needle now.

Today, it is all about rebellious stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment