Wednesday, November 16, 2016

More adjectives

 Now that I have turned the corner on Celtic Sage, worked through all (I hope!) the design issues, and started the main guts of the design, I have been zipping along at record lace speed. 

I have completed nearly six inches in the past week or two.  That is more than I think I completed in the past year.  I have rekindled my love for this shawl. 

I am enchanted, mesmerized, intrigued, inspired, motivated, enraptured, exhilarated,  fascinated,  and  enthralled.  Really, I am all that, and mostly obsessed. 
I am also starting to worry about if I have enough yarn, because that is what knitters do.  If things are going well with a project, then you start worrying about yarn, because I have to have something to worry about.  I started with a massive ball of yarn.  That is not an understatement.  I am talking about a ball of yarn some 8 inches in diameter.  The yarn is part mohair, so I was shocked as I kept rolling and rolling this ball, how monstrous it grew.  Ultra-light, and loosely balled, it was huge!  I am nearing the end of that ball.   I have two more bunches of yarn, waiting to be balled. 

By my calculations, the entire shawl should be six feet in length.  So if this ball makes it to two feet of shawl, I should be ok. 

If we trust my math. 

Math and I have a love-hate relationship when it comes to knitting.

Today, it is all about the mathematical optimism.      

Friday, November 11, 2016

Second Re-Working.

I have three out of four Christmas Teacher mitts finished right now.  Before Thanksgiving. I can't believe how far ahead I am for Christmas knitting!

As a bit of a celebration (or revolt, I try not to self-examine such things too closely) I worked on a lacey shawl for myself. Celtic Sage, which I haven't touched in quite a while. I was nearing the point that I had already designated as the starting point for the central motif. And quickly realized that I was on track to have a four foot shawl.

So I went back to the drawing board, or at least the pattern.  I counted.  I tweaked. I counted.  I added.   And I counted again.  I think I have the design figured out.

And I started the central motif.

Today, it is all about the reworking as you go.