Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bam! Zoom!

I have exited the knitting black hole with a bang. This past weekend, the kids were playing happily together, the laundry was spinning, and I was a hunting widow. So I picked up my still-unnamed red sock, and before I knew it, I was decreasing the toe. I finished on sock (and immediately cast on the second sock as an immunization against the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome.) How did that happen? Not that I am upset, mind you. I just want to be able to repeat the event.

The fruits (so to speak) of my sweetie's hunting efforts have started coming home. We are now the proud possessors of over 100 pounds of venison. My first thought was "We are going to need a bigger freezer." To my surprise, all of it fit, except for about 20 pounds that is vacationing in the in-law's freezer. Ground deer, deer chops, deet steaks, deer loin, summer sausage, deer sticks, breakfast sausage. You name it, we got it. we celebrated by making two big pots of venison chili, and I am thinking of beef recipes that I can substitute with venison. At least the meat is useful. I am not looking forward to the day when the giant deer head comes home to be hung on the living room wall. That just seems like a very expensive decoration that I don't want, but i am trying to be understanding that this is my sweetie's first (and God willing, only) trophy.

Today, it is all about the warp speed progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment