Monday, July 16, 2012

Last ball

I am down to the last ball of yarn for the Duchess ruffle.  The ruffle is between 1 1/2 and 2 inches wide already, so this really WILL be the last ball.  (I am not bothering with a picture.  Scroll down to the last picture from a few months ago, and mentally add another inch to the ruffle that you can't really see anyway.)

There is a sense of resolution and finality to my knitting now.  Everytime I give the yarn a little tug, watch the ball spin in the bowl, and see another yard of yarn leave the ball, I know that I am one more yard closer to the end of the ball.

When I was knitting the body, I watched in increasing alarm at how quickly the balls shrank into the end.  Now, of course, it feels magically never-ending. I know that it isn't.  I know that the last ball is dwindling in size, and I am (Finally!!!) nearing the end.

I have been flirting with some non-shawl knitting, but mostly just focusing on the shawl. 

Today, it is all about the shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment