Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Smitten with Mittens

Well The crowd was a but thin last night at Knittervention. Like two people thin, and one of them was me. I expected a crowd of knitters, working frantically on Christmas present, milking the last days before wrapping. 

Wrong! Still, two hours knitting and drinking Magners is still a good two hours. 

After a few months of pondering, planning, and preparation, I started my beother's Smitten. 
Well, technically, his girlfriend, Care's. My brother requested a mitten for two people to wear when holding hands. Sounds simple, but that means two mittens for the other hand. And another two mittens for lone use. That is a lot of mittens!  

And it occurs to me that I have been knitting a lot of mittens lately. Teacher mittens, colorwork mittens for me, hunting mittens, Brother Smittens, and the kids have been asking for mittens. That is a lot of mittens ! I would wonder about my recent obsession, but then I remember the sub-zero temperatures the last two winters, and it doesn't seem quite so unreasonable. 

Today, it is all about the warm hands for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment