Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Your Chauffer Has a Hobby

I have realized that I now have an unpaid second job:  I am a chauffer for my children.  I drive my children places, I wait 60 to 90 minutes, then I drive them home.  I have been doing this for a while, but the number of days seems to have increased, especially right now.  Monday is football practice.  Tuesday is Boy Scouts.  Wednesday is football practice.  Thursday is Cub Scouts.  Friday, I lay exhausted on the sofa.

That means that four days a week, I rush home, prepare and feed my family, then dash back into town for my chauffeuring duty, then come home around 8 or 9pm.  Those are some long days.  The only good part is that for the 60 to 90 minute wait, I usually get to knit.  Sometimes, I go to my office or run errands, but sometimes I knit during Scouts,  and I always watch the football practice and knit.

That is a lot of scheduled knitting time a week, and that is a lot of the progress that I have been able to make on my deadlines.  The hat is pretty much done, I just need to weave in the ends.  The Court hearing is next week, so that is a reasonable deadline.  I want to baby blanket to be a little bigger, maybe two more rounds, but really I can end it at any time.  Mandy is due at the end of the month, so that one is still a bit of a worry.

I only have one and a half mitts in progress/completed, but that deadline isn't until mid-December, the latest deadline of the bunch.  So I am just postponing the worrying.

Today, it is all about the Mom's second job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment