Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Disposible stitch markers

I solved the little glitch with the gray shawl. Apparently, I hadn't slipped the marker, so it was stuck in the row below, and on the needles. No problem, I snipped the marker, fetched a new one, and went on my merry way. I had to do this once more last night. This is why i don't invest in expensive stitch markers. Apparently, I am slipping impaired.

Still, the shawl is progressing nicely. Very soft. Nicely drapey. And almost big enough to reach around my neck. Hmmmm, the shoulders are quite a bit larger than the neck. I obviously have a ways to go. I am barely started in the first skein, so no worries about running out of yarn. In fact, I am already thinking of what else I can make with the yarn.
My sweetie is still progressing along, though I think the progress has slowed. Shhhh, don't tell him I said that. He finished the siding over the weekend, and the roof plywood is halfway up. We are getting closer and closer to the point where the shed can actually be used (even if some trim sort of stuff will still be undone.) Every time we have to trip over or wander around something in garage, we repeat to ourselves that the shed is almost useable.
Today, it is all about the anxious middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment