Friday, January 25, 2008

Am I still a biker chick. . . .

if I sell my bike? That's right, I sold my baby, to fund my new baby. I had been thinking of it for a while, since we found out that I was expecting, and last week, I did it. I wasn't going to be able to ride at all next year, and who knows after that, so I sold my bike. Motorcycles don't like sitting in a garage being neglected. They deserve to be out on the open road. If I can't ride the bike, then I needed to find a good home for it, with a new owner that would.

So that money will now buy a crib, car seat, stroller, etc. I was ready to upgrade bikes anyway, even if my wallet wasn't. Maybe in a few years. . .

My husband laughed as I went in to the garage to say goodbye to her. She was a great first bike. We learned a lot from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment