Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Public Debut

My mother-in-law took me shopping for a birthday present. I think my husband tipped her off that in addition to some maternity clothes, I needed a pair of work-appropriate, comfortable, supportive shoes.
So behold, my new shoes! They are so comfy, even if they aren't my usual style. And it is pure coincidence that they are perfect for wearing hand knit socks.
Usually, I wear my socks at home, snuggled on the sofa on cold winter days, because I didn't really have any shoes that would show them off. No more! I am sporting these puppies in public now, and revelling in how cozy my feet feel at the office.
Makes me want to hurry up and knit more socks. I have finished another couple rows on Pomatomus, so I should have them finished by. . . . . mid July or so. Hmmmm, that doesn't sound encouraging.
Today, it is all about the publicity.

1 comment:

  1. Comfy shoes are a must in pregnancy! I started wearing Dansko clogs (black patent leather ones, so they're not TOO crunchy) when pregnant with Lucy and I have hardly taken them off since!

    ReplyDelete