Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Downhill to the deadline

I have (finally!) started the decrease the toes on Grandma's socks. It is all downhill from here, baby. Every (other) row, there are four less stitches to knit. Grandma's birthday is next week, so the deadline is doable.

As a bit of celebration, and since I was under the erroneous impression that I had forgotten the sock at the office, I cast on a pretty lace stole. "Is that something new?" my husband asked. Even he can't mistake lace for a sock. "What about my sweater? When are you going to finish that?"

Me: "What sweater?"

Um, you mean the sweater that is hidden behind the sofa? I don't know what you are talking about. Apparently, my days of knitting monogomy aren't finished.

Today, it is all about the substitutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment