Sunday, August 29, 2010

The flaw in the plan

The Plan: A last-minute camping trip required an hour long drive in my husband's truck. Ergo, he would be driving, leaving me free to knit. We had decided that the best bet was the leave in the evening, shortly before the kids' bedtimes, so that they would (hopefully) sleep the entire drive with minimal fussing.

The Flaw: Bedtime is after dark. You can't knit in the truck when it is dark.

The Solution: After the fact, my sweetie mentioned that he has these cool headlamps that he uses for hunting. We have two more trips of longer duration coming up in September, so I plan on, er, borrowing one (though I may forget to inform him of this) for those trips.

I was at least able knit a little on the drive home. On Grandma's socks, of course. I want to measure Grandma's feet. It may just be wishful thinking, but I believe that I may be getting closer to the toe decreases. I don't think I am there quite yet, but I want to measure to make sure that I don't accidently go too far.

Today, it is all about the best-laid plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment