Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Public Notice

I have been wearing the Duchess shawl everywhere for the past week.  I am resisting the urge to sleep in it.  It has received many positive reviews.  (Naturally, what else would someone say?  "I know that you have been working on that forever but . . . .I don't really care for it"?)

The knitters oooo'd and ahhhhhh'd the loudest, as you would expect.  The greatest praise came from two attorneys, both of whom noticed the shawl, and realized that it was something I had been working on for a long time.

The shawl is suprisingly warm.  It is a herringbone design, which is quite dense, almost woven-like.  And the yarn is a silk wool blend, contributing to the coziness factor.

I just can't heap enough praise on the shawl.

I have eight active projects right now, continuing my post-shawl promiscuity.  It makes blogging on their progress difficult.  And inch on this one, a half inch on that one.  Not exactly discernable from photographs.  But I don't care.  

Today, it is all about the variety.      

No comments:

Post a Comment