Friday, March 7, 2014

Proof Positive

I have been doing knitting lately.  See?  I haven't been talking or writing about knitting, but I have been knitting.

I have finished all the nupp rows.  In fact, the lace portion is pretty much finished.

I am down to the decreasing portion, to shape the shawl into a crescent that drapes nicely along my shoulders.

My learning curve for lace remains to be slower than I would want.  By that, I mean that I don't catch on to what the pattern is supposed to look like until halfway through the knitting.  And by that, I mean that I start to notice my screw ups several rows later, too late to go back to fix.  I find myself making the adjustment in the row I am knitting, but I am still left with a nupp that is one stitch away from where it should be.

It really would be best if I did a test knit of the lace pattern.  Knit the entire repeat a few times over, so I can get the feel for where the stitches are going to be.

And while I am at it, I will test cook dinners every night, so I don't end up with a pork loin that smells like vomit.  Again.  And I can test drive to new places, to make sure I don't get lost when it matters.

Ok, maybe not, but a swatch wouldn't be a bad idea.

Today, it is all about the realistic and unrealistic tests.

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment