Saturday, June 14, 2014

Delusions and Design

I have started the knitting on my frankenstein-designed Celtic Lace Shawl. At some point, I had to stop working and re-working the math, and cast on.

That was scary enough, so much so that I found myself in a strange delusional state. I knit a few rows, then found myself wondering what was taking so long to find out if my design worked. Apparently, in my zeal for my first pseudo-design, I forgot how long knitting takes.

Sometimes, I am amazed at how dense I can be about knitting. I have been knitting for almost twenty years. I really have no excuse.

I am going to this loud and clear, so everyone in the cheap seats can hear, even those as apparently dense as I.

YOU CANNOT KNIT A FINGERING LACE SHAWL IN TWO EVENINGS, EVEN IF THAT IT HOW LONG IT TOOK TO DESIGN IT.

I will learn one of these days, I swear.

Today, it is all about the learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment