Wednesday, June 25, 2014

One Problem Created, One Problem Solved

So I am about ten rows into Celtic Sage.  A decent start, except that the lace just doesn't look right.  I mean, it looks fine, but the decreases jsut aren't where I would expect them to me.  My assumption is that the probelm was user error.  I got one row off where I should be, and was continuing the problem.  So i knit the border in some scrap worsted, and it ended up the same way. 

Ok, so now I have the choice of knitting as written, assuming that the real problem is user expectation, and that there is nothing inherently wrong with the pattern.  Or I could do some work, and adjust the pattern so the decreases are where I think they should be.  Later, just thinking about that makes my head hurt.
Meanwhile, I solved the issue I was having with my mittens.  I wasn't sure what to do with the thumb.  Stiches held on waste yarn to be knit into thumb later.  Problem solved, and continuing on. 

The colorwork isn't difficult, but does take a high level of concentration.  Two purple, two white, one purple, and so on, all the way around the row.  I think I will like the end product, but I have a feeling these mittens will be a long time in progress. 

 The pattern is starting to take shape, which is encouraging.  Hopefully, enough to keep me interested. 

Meanwhile, I have been tempted to start something else.  I uncovered four cotton linen balls, and started picture a cute, clingy tank.  An unfortunately skimpy tank, since I only have the four balls, and no hope of finding more.  (They were received as part of the Christmas Yankee Yarn Swap.)  

I am barely passed the experimentation stage, so there isn't much to see yet.  I have cast on, but since I didn't have the yarn to spare on a swatch, I may be ripping and re-starting.  

And I just realized that I am working on a cotton tank in the same week as wool mittens.  

Today, it is all about the contradictions.   

No comments:

Post a Comment