Thursday, September 6, 2018

Looming deadlines

I am starting to feel like the knitting deadlines are starting to close in on me.  It is self-inflicted, but I still am starting to feel the pressure of deadlines.

First, there is charity knitting.  A kind knitting friend brought a huge pile of yarn to Knittervention.  Nice yarn, and lots of it.  I walked out with a large bag, overflowing with skeins of silk and balls of wool.  So, to pay it back/forward, I am using some of that yarn to knit for her charity.  Every year, she puts together a cancer charity event. People volunteer to shave their heads for charity (shudder), and there is a raffle, and more.  Freshly shaved heads need hand knit coverings, of course.  I have already knit one hat, and two ear warmers; and donated a shawl for the raffle.  I have another hat in progress, and realistically think that I can have it done in time.

Then, there is Christmas.  And the annual fingerless teacher mitts.  Except my oldest has started middle school and has two main teachers: one for STEM and the other for Humanities.  I don't know which to knit for, so I will do both.  Three sets of mitts, two mitts each set, that is at least six weeks worth of knitting.  Add in two weeks as a margin of error, and I need to start knitting . . . . .next week.
At the same time I am knitting hats for newly shaved heads.

At the risk of sounding a little selfish, when do I get to knit for me?  There are at least three shawls in progress that I am looking forward to wearing.  At this rate, I will wear out the coordinating dress before I finish the shawl.  Sigh

Today, it is all about the sacrifice.      

No comments:

Post a Comment