Monday, December 23, 2019

Christmas Eve Plans

My Grandmother always said that whatever a person does on Christmas Eve, they will be doing that all the following year.  So she always planned it so that she would not have to do any laundry or cleaning on Christmas Eve.  In the spirit of my Grandmother, I have some fun things planned for tomorrow.  Cards with the kids, movie night, grilling burgers (less cooking for me), that sort of thing.

The knitting related activity is that I am going to go through all of my knitting projects in progress.  it has been so many months focusing on the baby blanket and teacher mitts, I don't even remember what it in the knitting bag anymore.  Some of it has been in storage for a couple months, since the move.

For this week, I have just been working on a random charity sock.  The first was nearly done, and I was able to decrease my toe and cast off last night.  As I live in perpetual fear of the Second Sock Syndrome, I dutifully cast on for the second sock.   Toddler socks are charmingly small, so I am already to the heel.  Then I realize, I didn't remember how to short row a heel anymore.  I admit that I have been rather lace-obsessed in recent years, but I have made nearly a dozen socks in my lifetime.  That is two dozen heels, all but the first four would have been short row.  How have I forgotten something so basic?  I guess I will be looking that up tomorrow too.

Today, it is all about the forgetfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment