Friday, December 20, 2019

So, now what?

As usual, I significantly overestimated the time I would have to knit while on my trip.  While I did knit on the plane, and intermittently throughout the day, the mitts were the only thing that I knit.  All of the other things stayed in my suitcase the entire time.

Mitt update:  Three pairs of mitts completed, wrapped, and sent with my child this morning.  Well, only two were delivered today.  The mitts for my 4th grader are waiting on the table.  He had a fever yesterday and today, so no school.  if I had known, that, I would have waited on those and worked on other mitts.  I know my oldest was a little disappointed that I was only able to complete mitts for two of his teachers (out of six), but it is a small school, so I can catch those teachers next year, or the year after.  I DID forget to get a picture of the mitts before they left my hands.  (Face slap!  What am I, a rookie?)

This morning, I was packing my bag for work, and I didn't know what knitting to bring.  I have been so focused on the baby blanket and mitts for months, I need to decide what knitting slides up to the front of the queue next.  I grabbed a couple things, but I didn't really have time to put some thought into it.  This weekend, I will really go through the stack of WIP's.  I need to evaluate.  Am I stuck?  What is the barrier?  Can I get past the barrier? Do I still love the project?  Do I just need more knitting time in my life?  Well, I can't do anything about the last one, but the new year is a good time to reassess.  Life is too short and my time too precious to continue knitting on something that I hate just because I started it.

Today, it is all about the WIP diving.


No comments:

Post a Comment