Monday, April 7, 2008

When you are bored with everything else,

start something new. Except this was a baby something, so I think it falls under the exception to the usual "not going to start anything new until I finish one thing" rule. (My computer isn't speaking to my camera today, so I can't show any pictures. As opposed to my recent picture laziness that accounts for the lack of pictures all last month.) You will just have to imagine my new project. Nothing special, just a little baby blue hat for a new baby. That was the only thing baby that I could remember off the top of my head.

And in case my husband ever thinks I have too many needles, he should remember the half hour I spent combing the house and muttering to myself while in search of any double point needles that would come anywhere close to being right for the yarn.

As it is, this cute little hat was finished just in time for a baby shower. (Literally, I was decreasing in the car, and bound off when I got there.) So now I have to start another one for my little thumper.

I have made timely but not measurable progress on works in progress. I have knit minutes on all of them, and yet can't see any difference. Is there a support group for this?

The weather is warming, so my sweetie is taking the bike out every chance he gets. I can only wave as he leaves, with slight envy in my heart. Riding, even as a passenger, is on my "don't list" right now. I know it is supposed to be safe enough, but I am just not confortable with the idea with baby on board. Plus, there is the problem of this giant belly of mind. (I was nearly the same size as the expectant mother at that shower last weekend, even though she was allegedly two months farther along than I was. Course, she is 15 years younger, and probably started out as a size 2. Besides, my baby will be larger and healthier. That is my story and I am sticking to it.)

Today, it is all about baby blue, baby boy hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment