Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elective knitting

No matter who you vote for, be sure to vote. Finally, the end to election season. After today, no more mailings, TV or radio ads touting or bashing a candidate for something or other. The longest, most expensive election had finally drawn to a close. Personally, I can think of better ways to spend a billion dollars then endless, annoying ads every 15 minutes, but that is just me.

I voted last Friday, since I am frequently at the courthouse anyway, and I had the little guy with me. He got his first lesson in civic responsibility, though he slept through most of it. Now, we are ready to see the results unfold on TV. He had a long nap this afternoon, so should be ready to stay awake late (a mixed blessing), and I have knitting for every contingency: complex lace knitting for the early hours when there is nothing to really report but that doesn't stop idle network chatter, medium complex sock knitting for the hours when I want to pay attention to what is being said, and mindless knitting in case this thing drag on into the wee hours of night or worse, an early landslide for the other guy that leaves me wanting to crawl under my bed for four years with without my needles.

Tonight, it is all about the electoral math.

No comments:

Post a Comment