Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Gift of Knitting

The disadvantage to giving someone a gift that you have knitted. . . is sometimes they like it TOO much. I knitted my mother some socks. They were finished a while ago, except for (pause for the chorus from the peanut gallery) "kitchnering the toes".

A year later (possibly more, but I am giving myself the benefit of the doubt), I finally kitchnered, the same time as I did my Pomotomus socks. I grandly presented the finished socks to my mom, and not long after, she proudly displayed that she was wearing them.

A week ago, we were arranging for a needlepoint piece of hers to be framed, so we paused at the sock yarn. I found one that caught my fancy, and so did Mom. After we finished with our purchasing, she handed her yarn to me. Um, it appears that she wishes me to knit another pair of socks.

Today, it is all about the complimentary request.

No comments:

Post a Comment