Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Toys

My birthday was last week, and I received some nice new toys. Some spiral DPN holders, and a new sock knitting book, and sock blockers.

And a new techie toy: a Dell netbook. I remember the laptop I took with me to college. Back when laptops were new. It didn't even have a mouse, but neither did desktops way back when. They have come a long way baby since then. This handy little device is super tiny and light, and it is even pink. :-) I am typing on it right now. Can't download pictures (yet), but I will figure that out soon.

I have been working on Grandma's socks too. It took two days to finish casting on, but I have been zipping along ever since. Two socks on two circular needles, simple ribbed pattern. I have about an inch finished. That doesn't sound like much, but considering how much time and energy I have to devote to knitting these days, it is huge progress.

Today, it is all about the new toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment