Sunday, June 13, 2010

The sound of wings

Do you hear that sound? Far off, in the distance? Listen carefully. Flap. Flap. Flap. I have reached the heel flap on Grandma's socks. Flap. Flap. Flap. The heel is the halfway point of a sock. Clap. Clap. Clap.

The funny thing is. . . I haven't done a heel flap in a while. I have long preferred a short row heel for myself. Grandma's feet are, well, I hate to say "fat", but so it is. So I don't want the tighter fitting short row heels. And now I have to remember and/or look up how to turn a heel. I haven't done so for quite a while, and the only thing that I remember is that I spend the whole time thinking "this can't be right, I must be getting something wrong, this can't be right. . . .oh look, a heel!"

Today, it is all about the "wings" of the socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment