Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cast Your Vote

Today is Election Day. No matter who you vote for, be sure to vote. Every two years, we have an opportunity to overthrow the government. Don't squander it.


Meanwhile, I am seeking votes myself. I have been working on theunnamed red socks. The pattern is two purls, a knit, the staggered yarn overed pattern, one more knit. Looks great. But as I work my way down the foot, working the pattern on only half the stitches, it occurs to me that though the pattern looks like it is framed in purls, one side is, and the other side ends on the staggered yarn overs. I have considered dropping two stitches to add the purls, but that will make the stitch pattern slightly off-centered. Not that my foot is perfectly centered, so it is significantly possible that I would be the only person to notice. Though when I look at the sock on my foot, the lack of purls on one side doesn't jump out at me, especially the further down the sock I go.




So feel free to cast your vote. Drop down and add the purls, or leave as is? Sorry I missed the onslought of last minute 30-second media slots telling you which way to vote.




Today, it is all about the opinions.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I wish the stitch pattern was a little more clear in the picture. But since your foot will most likely be in a shoe I think you should do whatever YOU can live with...

    ReplyDelete