Monday, June 29, 2015

Request Permission to Panic

I experienced #4 in the Top 10 Knitter's Worst Nightmare over the weekend. Wanting a change from the simple baby blanket knitting, I had dug out Celtic Sage. It is at a relatively easy lace section, but there was enough lace there to stretch my knitting muscles. 

In the evening, I went back to my knitting, left in assumed safety on the sofa, and saw two needles and the knitting. . . In two different piles. No where near each other. Oh, the horror!

I couldn't help it. I broke down. The details are a bit fuzzy, but I remember tears, and screams of "this is lace!"  There may have been more, I don't remember. 

I was still staring at thin yarn and tiny needles when a little boy timidly approached to apologize for touching Mommy's yarn. While I was replacing a couple hundred stitches, he had been gently interrogating the most likely culprits.

The apology didn't put stitches back on the needle, but I appreciate the effort. And I am pleased to announce that the knitting is back on the needles, no worse for wear. 

Today, it is all about the return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment