Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Coolest Knitting Group

We had a muggle guest at Knittervention. Someone brought her tween/teenage daughter, and she won first place, second place, and an honorable mention for the most mind boggling comments of the night. 

Regarding her lack of sociability with the group. "I just don't fit in with the cool knitting crowd."  I mentally examined her tone for sarcasm, but I really don't think she was being sarcastic. I think she really did want to be home playing video games. 

"Can we go home now? I'm hungry."  
"We are in an eating establishment. Order some food."

As for me, I just sat quietly and plugged away at my Elegant Ensemble scarf. Actually, I finished the skein, so I had to switch to a mitten. And I had to remember where I had stashed my stash.  (successfully located in my mothers basement last night) so the scarf goes on. 

Today, it is all about the cool comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment