Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Battle of the Socks

The old sock is  a LITTLE fiddly.  About two rows out of the twelve row pattern.  Not too bad, but enough that it is not really good for briefcase knitting.

So I started a new sock.  Easy, simple, something I can pick up and put down easily.

I hadn't knit, or worn, hand knit socks in a long time.  It may sound stupid, but I didn't have shoes to wear them with.  I had a great pair when I was pregnant, but they eventually wore out, and I never really replaced them.  Then I saw something similar, but pricey, so I put it on my Christmas wish list, and my husband is generally smart enough to buy from the list.

With all the cold weather the past couple months, I was so grateful for the cozy wool socks.  Why did I ever stop wearing them?  I have five pairs of handknit socks, and now I want more.  Hence the two socks in progress.  

Today, it is all about knits for the feet in the winter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment