Thursday, March 26, 2020

The New Normal

This past Monday was Knittervention, but, of course, we couldn't actually meet.  The private room wasn't big enough for all of us to sit 6 feet apart, we might accidently have more than 10 people, and (the deciding factor) our pub, 9 Irish Brothers, was closed.  

But you can't keep a group of knitting aficionados down.  We met for community knitting through video conference.  It was a little weird.  We sometimes would talk at the same time.  Long silences were more awkward.  (Why does it always seem like we are counting all the same time?)  But it was nice to talk to someone other than my husband and children.  

I watch the news, and hear the numbers, and I can't help but wonder what I can do to help.  I mean, I don't work in the medical field, and I am still working my normal full time job, caring for my children at home, and dealing with a seemingly perpetually grumpy husband (at least these days), but I still want to do something.  

So I started knitting hats for St. Baldricks.  I didn't get any  done last year.  For that matter, the baby blanket that I did make, I never turned in, so I still have it.   

In moving and unpacking, I found yarn that I didn't remember that I even had.  Some of it is quite nice, so I have decided to use it for charity hats.  I think this ball is enough for two hats, and there are more in the queue.  

Today, is all about wanting to make a difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment