Monday, September 24, 2007

The Queue Starts Here

In my spare moments, I have been wandering around Ravelry. It is the knit wonderland that I expected. Every click of the mouse displays beautiful pictures, patterns and yarns. It is an ever-flowing font of inspiration.

The only problem is. . . . .it is an ever-flowing font of inspiration. Since I can't quit my job and knit full-time, and the actuarial tables tell me to expect to live another 40 to 50 years, I don't know how I will ever knit everything in my queue.

My fear is that my new husband will divorce me, and I will be too busy counting stitches to notice. Or I might start losing pets (and someday children) in the stash. I have never had such difficulty exercising knitting willpower. I want to cast on a dozen items and knit them all at once. And here I have been so faithfully devoted to my active WIPs.

Today, it is all about the endless queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment