Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Somewhere Over the Blankie


The Rainbow Baby blankie is almost finished.  Nine wedges finished, three to go.  10 weeks until the baby is due.  I mean, I know I still have to whip out a cute little coordinating car seat blankie, but this is really too much to hope.  I am even considering throwing in a nice little border around the whole thing. 
 
I am a procrastinator by nature.  Even when I have a deadline, the time I need to complete the knitting is EXACTLY (and I mean, exactly, within a few hours at best) how much time I have.  That, or I blow right past the deadline with no end in sight  (cough, Duchess, cough), then deny that I ever had to deadline to begin with.
 
  Meanwhile, since the baby blankie is too large to carry around, the Teacher Mitts have become my purse/briefcase knitting.  One mitt nearly finished, three more to go.  Two months 'til Christmas Break.  Once again, I seem to be in full command of the deadline.   I am knitter, hear me roar! 

Either there is something that will come up to smack me down, or I have finally figured out this knitting thing.  Don't laugh, it has only taken 21 years. 
 
Today, it is all about the confidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment