Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Rare Double Header

I haven't done the math, but I have been going to Knit Night for over ten years, possibly close to fifteen. Always on the second Monday of the month. 

Except the last year or so, I have had Cub Scout pack meetings on the second Monday of the month. So no Knit Night. Except this month, the pack meeting was scheduled for a Thursday. I am not sure why, but it was nice to be able to go last night. 

Then I left to go to Knittervention. Have to love the opportunity to go two knitting groups in one night. Except for brief travel, three solid hours of knitting time. 

But I didn't knit. I did something very shocking instead. I crocheted. I crochet every decade or so, whether I need to or not. This was apparently the year. I originally planned to do a scalloped edge around the Rainbow Swirl blanket. I did the first set up row of single crochets, and a few scalloped, then decided I didn't like the scallops. So I ripped out those, and started one last row of double crochets. An added bonus of the border is that all the little ends can just be crocheted in; I don't have to weave them in. This has me considering a crochet border on everything I knit, just to avoid weaving in ends. 

Today, it is all about the hooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment