Monday, April 2, 2007

Counting down

Sock Knitting Club was this weekend at the local yarn store. Nothing too formal, just a bunch of us get together and knit socks for a couple hours once a month. There is an official "sock of the month", but you are under no obligation to knit it. Any sock will do. Lately, it has been a prime Secret Wedding sock knit time for me.

This weekend however, I had to knit on the new decoy sock a little. It wouldn't do for me to spend two hours allegedly knitting, and still have a new ball of yarn at the end of the day, not even cast on. I finished the rib, and called that enough, fully prepared to make up a story of frustration and mis-counting if I had to. I didn't.

So, the Secret Wedding Sock is back on track. 8 inches in 19 days. We are down to the wire, ladies and gentlemen.

In the meantime, I am loving my new decoy sock. Trekking, knit in a simple garter rib. I love the colors, I love the gradual color variations, I love everything about this yarn. Almost everything. The plies can split a little, but not often enough to annoy me too much.

Today, it is all about the new sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment