Thursday, June 7, 2007

Confessions

I am almost embarrassed to admit this. I thought this post would be full of my finishes and nearly finishes. I finished a pair of charity socks for Children in Common (except for the final seams), and am nearly finished with the MIL socks (except for the final seams) and am halfway finished with the second Trekking sock (first one finished, you got it, except for the final seam). . . . I couldn't believe it when I realized that I had four, count 'em, FOUR socks, finished except for the Kitchnering, and one more only a short-row toe away.

Kitchner stitch is complex, but not debilitating. What is my problem? I just had a flaskback to the time when on a snowy afternoon I wove in the seams on FIVE pairs of socks, that had been otherwise languishing in my basket. This realization makes me feel every inch the procrastinator that my sweet husband accuses me of being. Particularly since he is going like gangbusters on the shed. Three walls and a floor up. He is hoping to frame the front wall tonight, so he can start hanging the wood siding and provide some rain protection for the floor while he works on the trusses for the roof.

Today, it is all about the guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment