Saturday, February 21, 2009

Has anyone seen a ball of yarn?

The usual Thursday night at the American Legion. Except that when I got home, I found this:






Ok, when I LEFT the Legion, there was a ball of yarn attached to this half-finished sock. Obviously, I dropped it as I put baby etc in the car. Sock went into the car, door closed, yarn fell to the ground, car drove off.


So where is the yarn? How long did I drive before the yarn broke?


I had only one hope. The next day, on the way home from work. I stopped at the church parking lot (next door to the Legion) where I had parked. I felt a little silly, but I timidly walked into the church, looking for a random person that was there on a Friday afternoon. "I have a silly question. Has anyone found a ball of yarn?"


Miracle of miracles! My ball was rescued from the parking lot and was waiting for me. No worse for wear other than a little bits of plant debris. Thank you to whomever found it. I would have cried if I had to rip out the slow progress on my sock.
Today, it is all about what was lost being found.

No comments:

Post a Comment