Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Apparently you have to open the bag

I haven't knit much the past few days. Ok, not at all. I take the knitting with me, but don't make any progress. Apparently, you have to take the knitting out of the bag and actually knit on it. Little gremlins don't knit for me when I am not looking. I have just been too tired to knit the last couple days.

Last night, I came home to find I was hosting a small dinner party. "Look honey, I invited Dave and Joyce to dinner. What will you be making?" So much for grocery shopping, resting and early sleep. That was about as welcome as my sweetie waking me up at 1 am, for really no reason except that he was awake.

Meanwhile, I am the (temporary) owner of a Redneck bathroom. My sweetie is putting ceramic tile in the bathroom, so the toilet is currently in the shower. "You can shower, shave and shit all at the same time!" I am so proud.

In the positive department, I did work on Pomotomus a little over the weekend. Every time I dig this sock out of the knitting bag, I wonder why I stayed away so long. I love the pattern. I love the colors of the yarn. I have no explanation. I finished the last three rows of the pattern repeat, and started the heel flap. Noticeable progress! I am nearly at the halfway mark of the second sock! Why was I not knitting on this before? We won't talk about how long this sock has been in progress. We will only talk of how far I have gotten.

Today, it is all about the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment