Friday, January 18, 2013

Warp speed ahead

Fuchsia Wave is really screaming right along.  22 inches; 12 out of 17 repeats.  Either I have had more knitting time than I realized, or I have simply forgotten what it is like to work lace with something other than itty bitty yarn on itty bitty needles. 

I think I can safely say that my early fears about the size of the wrap are proving to be completely unfounded.  This piece will likely end up almost 3 feet long.  Ditto for the second half.  Add the border rounds, and the perpendicular border, and I estimate a finished size of a good seven feet wide.  Plenty wide enough to snuggle around my shoulders. 

I may have limited knitting time this weekend.  Doodlebug turns 3, so, of course, there is a party with family, cake and ice cream.  I don't think he really understands birthdays or parties yet, but he has a strong understanding of cake, ice cream and presents. 

I can't believe that my littlelist baby boy is three years old.  And I had a meeting last night about kindergarten for Bugaboo.  Has it really been that long?   

Today, it is all about the number 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment