Sunday, January 6, 2013

Saved by the Line

I am sure that it will come as no surprise to anyone that I had to use a lifeline on Black Rose recently.  It takes longer than I would have guessed to put the lifeline row back on needles.  I was so discouraged, I am taking a little break, and working on my Fuscia Print O' the Wave shawl instead. 

That one is progressing nicely.  Two and a half repeats down, out of 17 needed.  Just for kicks, I reviewed the entire instructions.  I could tell from the picture that there would be a border, which I was looking forward to as a new experience.  I didn't realize that there was a lot more to that than expected.  The Inner Border has four different rounds; the pick up round, marker round, eyelet round, and miter round.  The I get the Outer Border Edge, the one that I already knew about. 

How did I not notice that I would have to pick up 640 stitches around the entire circumferance, do a few rows, then do the perpendicular edging that I expected?  Because I didn't get enough picked up stitches with Duchess. 

I took pictures of everything, but for some reason, can upload them.  My apologies, and I will try to add them on a later day, after my compueter stops pouting. 

Today, it is all about the Fuschia.

No comments:

Post a Comment