Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Not your grandmother's knitting

When I am knitting a shawl or socks at the courthouse, I get lots of questions asking what I am knitting.  Now that I am knitting a sexy little halter, no a single query.

I am loving the halter. I have finished the bodice, and small picking up the stitches to start working down the belly.  What could go wrong?

Other than running out of yarn, I mean. I have two full skeins, and two half skeins. Plenty of yarn, right? I would have been less worried ten years ago, before children. Back in the day when a little bare midriff was not a concern.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I missed some projects in my last post.

17.  A pretty purple lacey scarfy hood.

18.  Merry berry shawl. An early shawl attempt, still quite nice, but not as dramatic as the Lacie shawls.

Ok, I am starring to feel like I really do have a problem.  18 projects going at once is really too much, even for a non-monogamous knitter. I mean, variety is one thing, but knitting ADD is another.

So I am making my vow now, for all the world to see.  I will not start another project until I finish some. I figure one new project for every two competed.

Today, it is all about the vow.



No comments:

Post a Comment