Monday, January 12, 2015

Elegant ensemble

I wore my cozy new ear warmers to court  this morning. The good news is that my ears were toasty warm. (Though I will concede that it was not as frigid as last week.)

The bad news is that I don't feel like the ear warmers are as formal or matching for business wear. I just used the cute yarn that was already in my stash, but it doesn't match my full length purple wool work coat. 

It got me thinking: I need a elegant looking winter accessories ensemble. Something that would match my coat and each other, and would look formal enough to wear with a suit. 

I have been a knitter for over twenty years, so I am again wondering why I do not already have something like that, but I am focusing on the future. 

I spent some time online, browsing. I am picturing a gray ensemble: hat, ear warmer, scarf, maybe some fingerless mitts if I have enough yarn. Nice yarn, luxury yarn. 

I have finished two projects, so technically I am allowed to start something new, under the 2 for 1 vow. 

Today, it is all about the coordination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment