Thursday, January 15, 2015

Two shades of gray

I have spent more time than I will admit to anyone coasting around Ravelry drooling over yarn.  I had a few yarn ideas from the LYS and Knit Picks, but also thought I might find something nice through the stash buying on Ravelry. 

It didn't take long for a firm idea of what sort of yarn I was looking for:  crisp twist/plied, light to medium gray, quality/upscale fiber.

I browsed  yarns.  I pored over details about yarn, comments and descriptions.  I compared various pictures of the same colorway, to eliminate monitor/color issues. I took notes on fiber content, gauge, and general attributes.  I scoped on what other knitters had made from this yarn, judging their final products (taking into consideration the variation of patterns and user idiosyncrasy.) 

I mean, this time I have done my research!

And now I have it narrowed down to two sellers.  Same yarn, slightly different shades of gray, close in yardage, and close in price.  So which to buy. . ..

I am tempted to contact both sellers, and see who responds first. 

Today, it is all about the response time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment