Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cursed technology

Once upon a time, knitters didn't use advanced technology. 

Once upon a time, a knitter could imperfectly remember how long something had been in progress. Sure, there would some milestones that could give hints when projects were started: the ages of children, etc. But, really, unless you took notes, your mind could minimize how many years it has been in progress. 

Now, there are apps and ravelry. Sure, they are wonderful resources: pattern/yarn browsing, organization, and such. Until you reach the hidden snarkiness. When you create a new project, you give the start date. A firm, unmoving, unerring date, that comes back to haunt you. 

As I used the row counter app on my phone, I realized that I started the Laughing odd Scarf in November of 2012. Twenty inches of scarf, in two and a half years. That really is embarrassing. 

There were a few others from that era. Just when I was staring to waver on the 2 for 1 vow, I am reminded why I made it. Too many things in progress for two many months, we, years. 

Though, I think that the fact that I am blogging on my phone from the inside of a moving van challenges my point. 

Today, it is all about the tech. 


No comments:

Post a Comment