Saturday, January 25, 2014

Finishing the Finishing

 My sweetie took the boys to a children's event at Gander Mountain (which turned out to be rather a flop, but did serve to permit me two hours alone).

So I watched Sherlock again  (Ok, this makes the third time) and did the finishing work on Fuchsia Wave.

As you can see in the picture, there is a slight color difference in the rescue yarn.  It is a tiny bit redder, not as berry as my yarn.  I didn't even notice it when I was knitting, but you can see it in the finished product, if you know where to look.


When you look at the whole thing, you don't notice it.  At least, in my opinion.  I will take a vote at Knittervention, and see if reconstructive work is necessary.

In the meantime, I Kitchnered the edge, wove in the ends, and blocked it.  (I am pretty confident that no one will consider the subtle color variation a design flaw.)  Now I just have to keep two small boys away from it while it dries.  That may be the hardest part of all.

This thing is far larger than I had in mind when I started.  The edge adds considerably more bulk than I anticipated.  I think I could wrap two people in this.
This is how much yarn I have left.  17 feet in total.

The lesson that I learned: even when you think you will have plenty of yarn, you probably won't.  Buy one more skein.

Today, it is all about the brutally cold weather that just won't go away.




No comments:

Post a Comment