Wednesday, January 29, 2014

To the Rescue!

A knitting friend invited me to lunch today, with an ulterior motive.  She has this little problem.  She had knit half a row in the wrong direction.  In the middle of her stockinette was a long strip of garter.

She didn't notice until two rows later.  Long enough she didn't want to frog, short enough to repair, if someone knew how.

I had a sneaking suspicion that she didn't want to be taught to do the fix so much as . . . .she wanted me to do it for her.

(Indulgent smile).  No problem, Sue.

I finished one third of the fix during lunch, and brought it home to finish.  I feel rather honored that she sees me as such an experienced knitter, she knew that I would be able to fix the problem.  I may even be able to finish the fix tonight.

This blog is so often a catalog of my screw-ups, it is nice when I can make things right.

Today, it is all about making knits out of purls.


No comments:

Post a Comment