Tuesday, March 12, 2013

And again. . .

I need more size six (for Fuchsia Wave) and size five (for Pretty in Pink) circular needles.  I am starting to feel like a broken record with that sentiment. 

Last night was Knit Night,  My sweetie made it home early, so I was on time.  (For a change, but I am choosing not to criticize, since he was such a good boy last night.)  I started picking up stitches on Fuchsia Wave.  After around 70something stitches, I realized that I was working the wrong side.  Rip out, start again.  That was 40 minutes badly spent. 

I started at the other corner, and knit the stitches on the provisional cast on.  I was ready to start picking up the last 240 stitches, and realized that my needle was full.  No more stitches for that evening.  (It really was.  I wasn't just using that as a feeble excuse to procrastinate, I swear.) 

So I knit my sock for the rest of the evening. 

Tonight, I have been working on the pink ruffle scarf.  I have been making reasonable progress, or what I thought was, until I did the math.  You would think that I would learn to keep away from the math.  I have completed 18 out of 29 rows.  I knew that since there was the occasional "double the stitches" row, but I thought I would be at least close to halfway.  Then I realized that I had completed approximately 15,000 sitches already, and had another 30,000 to go.  That isn't halfway.

   At least it looks pretty. 

Today, it is all about the math. 

P.S.  Snow is gone.  Warm weather over the weekend made me sick of the cold again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment